3/16/14

Noah's 5th birthday party!



I promised to blog a lot sooner than last time and I have delivered. And not only that, but I have REAL pictures, folks. Real ones. Like I actually took my big camera out, charged the battery and took nice pictures.
I always forget how big of a difference there is in the quality. 

Moving on.

This weekend, we celebrated Mr. Noah turning the big 5. You know what that means, right? 
He will start school this fall. I mean, where in heavens name does the time go!!?!



A week before the party, I already had ideas brewing and I was pretty excited, but come the night before and my brain shut down. 
Everything I tried to do either didn't turn out or just wasn't turning out the way I wanted it to. I was tired and I hadn't even finished all the cleaning. I had to call it a night, though.

But waking up in the morning, I was just that much driven, to finish the cleaning and get that table set up.
A new day and new ideas. I was pleasantly surprised at how all of a sudden my ideas were coming together and everything looked just as I had imagined... And even better. 

I knew I somehow wanted to incorporate "dots" into the decor, so I started with purchasing a round hole punch.


I kept the decor pretty simple, by adding dots to some string and hanging it around the window and the empty frame and made the table extra fun.


I used different shades of orange and two different sizes for the dots. I had covered the table with packaging paper and glued the dots right down on it {so they wouldn't be all over the floor}.

I was originally gonna keep the party orange, but then saw the cute striped straws at Target and thought orange and turqouise go so well together! I added white to break up all the color a bit.


I was clueless as to how to fill up the center of the long table, so I blew up balloons {really small} and taped them down in no particular order.


Adding the mandarins to the plates was totally last minute and it was one of my favorite touches. It was a great way to personalize everyones places. A place card, if you will.


Be creative when your creating your own tablescape. Some of the things you never thought to try, will sometimes be the perfect touch needed!

I love how it turned out. It was fun, still age appropriate and most of all Noah loved it.


For entertainment, I normally just have the kids play with the new toys or play outside if its nice {which they did}, but we had seen this balloon artist on a night out with the family and decided to hire him. The kids loved him!


Here's just one of the animals Noah requested. 
The eyes and tongue on this snake are my favorite.
































The kids had a blast and this mama was exhausted, but as always, it was SO worth it at the end. 

Now, to start planning the other boys' parties. 
Yep, they're all back to back... March, Gabe in April and Charlie in May. 

Lord have mercy. Amen.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to catch some zzz's. Tomorrows Monday *sigh*.

Goodnight friends and hope you had a restful weekend!
































1 comment:

  1. I love the colors you chose for the dots...and what a good idea to hire entertainment. Cant wait to see what you do for the 2 upcoming bday parties :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead... I'm listening.