3/4/13

Brunch.



Last Spring, when I got my Better Homes & Gardens magazine, there was a small article about a lady who threw a brunch for her girlfriends and had a "make a Spring bouquet" afterwards.
I absolutely loved the idea and have wanted to do it ever since.

Well, I finally got around to it. It only took me a year.

So, this last Saturday, while hubby and the kids were at the inlaws farm, I invited a few girls {missing one in the pictures} over, for a relaxing brunch and a bouquet making session.


{I have no idea what on earth is going on with my shirt in this picture. Disclaimer: I am NOT pregnant. I've got 4. I've done my duty, people

Can I just say, I wish I would of done this sooner? Because I do.
Not only was it relaxing since most of us have kids, but it was a great way to catch up on some girl talk.


I didn't get to sit much, cause we all know being a hostess is a job of it's own, but I really do enjoy it.
Here's a glimpse of the table. Nothing special. Just girly.


And here are 4 out of 5 girls with the pretty flowers they made.
Oh, and don't mind my "mantle" that I still haven't switched from Valentines to Spring. I was so busy doing other things {like Spring cleaning til 2:30am the night before}, that I ran out of time to get to it.



But none of that really was important. The important thing is making/ finding time to spend with friends/ loved ones, who mean the world to you. 
With all the awesome technology we've got these days, it's so much easier to connect in other ways, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who agrees, meeting face to face, is much more meaningful and fun.

Make the effort to spend time with those you love. You don't have to do anything fancy, but they'll appreciate it and I promise, you'll get something out of it as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... I'm listening.