2/24/13

Spring is here...



...Well, at my house it is!!!

I promised I would share a Spring table and as soon as I wrote the post, ideas came pouring in. 
I love inspirational moments like that. And when they happen, you take advantage of them.
And thats exactly what I did.

When I spotted these pretty, pink Camelias while driving, I knew they would be perfect for the Spring table. And I was right.


The pop of color they add is perfect for the dreary, rainy weather most of us are still having.



I always try and work around the centerpiece, since its the main focus of the table.

When I originally put the flowers in the mercury vase, I wasn't sold.
I felt like they were too sophisticated for the flower and even too holiday'ish looking.


But once I started putting the rest of the table together, they grew on me.
But the main reason was because I remembered I had this white/ gray striped fabric that would work perfect for the napkins.


I think it's really what tied the vases in, so well might I add, with the rest of the table.


And to make it more fun, I tucked in a bloom into each napkin.


When the ideas originally came, I envisioned a lace ribbon tied around each napkin, but when it was all said and done, I didn't like it. At all.
So I scoured through my ribbon box and found this green, gingham print ribbon... or so I thought it was. 
I bought it on clearance at Walmart thinking it was ribbon, when actually it was edging.
Either way, I thought it would be fun to mix & match patterns, and I actually really love how it turned out.

{in fact, if mixing patterns was in back when I was in middle school, I would of been the coolest kid on the block. How times have changed}
When I started putting the table together, for some reason, it made me think of a sunny, Spring morning, preparing breakfast for the family.
So I just went with it.

I added some oranges and the teapot to give it the 'breakfasty' feeling {might I add, that blood oranges are SO good}. 


I was really tempted to actually cook up an entire breakfast and add it to the plates, for a more realistic feeling, but knew it would be too much work. AND I would of had to eat all the food. That would of been the easy part.


 Here's a view of the entire table. 


I always say it, but I love how it turned out!!!

When you believe in something and it's coming from the heart, it's so much easier selling it, right?

That's kinda how I feel :)

 Hope this gave you some inspiration. 
I know it did for me, so much so, that I'm having a brunch for some of my girlfriends next weekend!
Can't wait!

I'll be sure and share the details.

Happy Spring!







Ps.
I'm linking up to Jennifer Rizzos Spring link party!

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love your table setting! Those flowers are beautiful, I love the bright color, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by :)

      Vera

      Delete

Go ahead... I'm listening.